Personal Injury Lawsuits and Common Types
From car accidents to nursing home neglect and wrongful deaths, serious accidents occur every day in Georgia. Such accidents and neglect can lead to serious and traumatic injuries – injuries that could have been avoided but for someone else’s inattention, carelessness or misconduct.
If you have been a victim of such an accident, Georgia law gives you legal rights – and Tom Brown, Attorney, can help you protect those rights.
Attorney Tom Brown stands up for accident victims who need a tough advocate. Based in Suwanee, Georgia, we help individuals and families throughout metropolitan Atlanta and Georgia after a serious accident has disrupted their lives. We have a passion for seeking justice for injury victims and we will work hard to make sure the insurance company in your case pays the full value of your claim.
For a free consultation about your personal injury claim, contact Burdine & Brown at 770.623.6007 or use our online contact form.
Georgia Personal Injury Attorney for Accident Victims
At Burdine & Brown, we fight for clients just as we would members of our own family. We take the time to investigate your case fully and gather all the evidence. Having a command of the facts puts us in the best position to achieve a full recovery for your injuries and losses. We have succeeded in many cases where other lawyers simply have given up.
We represent people in personal injury lawsuits involving:
- Car Accidents—Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of premature deaths in Georgia. More than 1,400 people died in traffic accidents in Georgia in 2015, and each year thousands more are seriously injured. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident caused by another person, you may be entitled to seek compensation to cover your medical bills and other expenses.
- Truck Accidents—Tractor trailer crashes and 18-wheeler accidents injured about 20,000 people across the United States in 2014, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. As a transportation and distribution hub, Georgia experienced many of those injuries. The most common causes of truck accidents include truck driver fatigue, speeding, aggressive driving, inattention, improper lane changes and turn-arounds. If you have been injured in a truck accident, the trucking company and its insurance carrier will have attorneys helping them. You should too. You should have a Georgia truck accident lawyer who represents victims of truck accidents.
- Motorcycle Accidents—Serious motorcycle accidents have been trending upward in the last decade. Many motorcycle accidents occur because drivers of other vehicles are not looking out for motorcyclists. Even when another motorist is at fault in a motorcycle crash, the motorcycle rider generally suffers the most serious injuries.
- Wrongful Death—If you believe that a loved one has died as a result of someone else’s carelessness, neglect, or fault, you should take the opportunity for a no-charge consultation with a wrongful death lawyer at Burdine & Brown. Some people have questions about seeking money as a result of the accidental death of a loved one. Our experience handling wrongful death lawsuits is that a jury award or settlement that signifies the value of your loved one’s life can bring a family some peace of mind and closure after a devastating loss. It is important to understand your legal options. It is also true that a significant judgment against that party at-fault can also deter future wrongful conduct so that others may not suffer the same harm.
Georgia law allows two years to file a personal injury lawsuit from the date of an accident. It is important to have us working on your case as soon as possible to preserve evidence and records. Contact us today.
Were you hurt in a car accident that was someone else’s fault? Find out what we can do for you. You cannot control what other careless motorists do but you can take control of your life after a crash.
Seven ways we can help you in an automobile accident:
- We understand what you are going through
- We handle all kinds of auto accident cases
- We take the weight off your shoulders
- We understand insurance law
- We evaluate your case at no cost to you
- We know medical doctors and can get you to the best in town
- We get results as soon as possible after your medical treatment for your automobile accident has been completed.
We can collect extensive evidence in your case including:
- The Police Report
- Photos of the accident scene
- Photos of the damaged or totaled vehicle
- Eyewitness statements
- Work-wage loss records
- Medical records, possibly including a determination of all pre-existing medical conditions and their relationship to the motor vehicle accident
- Arrange for special diagnostic testing if needed
- Determine all coverage insurance issues
- Obtain limited liability releases where appropriate
- Notify your UM insurance for uninsured motorist coverage that you may have in addition to the coverage for the negligent party’s insurance company.
- Negotiate with the medical providers to reduce the cost of your medical care, which can put more settlement money in your pocket.
- We will collect all hospital liens for charges of the hospital care you may have received and attempt to negotiate down the usually sizeable liens for emergency care.
- In your automobile accident case, if you have significant gaps in your medical treatment, the insurance company (and possibly a jury of your peers) will say that there was some intervening cause that required your treatment, not your automobile accident.
- Do not wait until the end of your case to hire an attorney in your automobile accident claim.